Monday, August 10, 2015

We fly out today!

Hello! I am Jennifer Foulon, a dressage rider from Maryland who has been selected to go to Aachen, Germany for the 2015 European Dressage Championships as part of the Dressage Foundation's Young Rider International Dream Program. I plan on chronicling the trip on this blog, so stay tuned for lots of exciting updates! We fly out today!

Before the trip starts, I would like to introduce myself. I am currently a fulltime college student at Princeton University, where I study economics. I have been riding dressage for the past fourteen years and for the past three years I have trained with Marcus Orlob and Shannon Stevens in Annandale, New Jersey. Previously I trained with Barbara Strawson in Clarksburg, Maryland. I have been lucky enough to clinic with some amazing trainers, such as Charlotte Bredahl, Lendon Gray, Nicole Uphoff-Selke, Jeremy Steinberg, and George Williams. I have earned my USDF bronze and silver medals, bronze freestyle bar, and several regional championship wins. Also I have competed at competitions such as the North American Junior/Young Rider Championships, Festival of Champions, Dressage at Devon, and Global Dressage Festival. In the next few years, I hope to compete at the Under 25 Grand Prix level.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has made this wonderful trip possible! Thank you to my parents, Mark Foulon and Lynda Clarizio, for always supporting my riding dreams. Thank you to all the horses in my life that have taught me so much, especially but not limited to Ferrero, Little Granny, Mr. M, and Whispering Diamond. Thank you to all the people who believed in me and wrote the recommendations that helped me get into this program: Marcus Orlob and Shannon Stevens, Frank and CeCe Maddlone, Ariane Vasquez, and Jaine Aldinger. Thank you to my college roommate Clara Kerwin for helping me get the application on its way. Thank you to everyone who has worked so hard preparing this trip, including Jenny Johnson, Eliza Sydnor Romm, and Beth Baumert. Thank you to Michael Poulin for having the vision and originating this fantastic program. Thank you to Charlotte Bredahl and Annie Morris for joining us on this trip as chaperones, we are incredibly fortunate to have such accomplished and talented trainers come with us to make this experience even better. Last but certainly not least, thank you so much to the Dressage Foundation for giving us such an amazing opportunity! I can't wait to share this experience with you all!! :)

1 comment: